Mentor: Dr. Leslie Parker
College of Nursing
"I chose to become involved in research as a means of seeing problem solving in the hospital. As a nurse, we are the ones directly involved with many policies and practices, and therefore the most familiar with what needs improvement or further investigation. I am excited to be a part of the research process and hopefully make a difference for future patients."
- University of Florida International Center Summer Scholarship 2015
- College of Nursing Wilder Sisters Scholarship 2016
- UF Health Shands Auxiliary Scholarship 2016
- University Scholars Program 2016
- College of Nursing Ambassadors
- University of Florida Wakeboarding Club
- University of Florida Surf Club
- UF Health Shands
- A. Quinn Jones Student Center
Hobbies and Interests
This research concerns mothers of premature very low birthweight infants and their reasons for lactation cessation. There has been no research conduction on this population regarding why it is these mothers may stop breastfeeding sooner than mothers of full-term infants. My role in this project is to evaluate milk logs to determine which mothers have stopped bringing in milk and conduct an interview with them to confirm whether they have stopped breast pumping and their reason for doing so.