Mentor: Dr. Sarra Tlili
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
"I truly love learning and research is another way to do that. It gave me a way to focus on my specific interests and explore ideas that I might not get to do in a traditional classroom setting."
Sociology and Women's Studies
Nonprofit Organizational Leadership
- Gender Studies
- Social Movements
- Outstanding Freshman Leadership Award (2015 - Present)
- Dean's List (2015 - Present)
- Presidential Honor Roll (2016 - Present)
- University Scholars Program (2017-2018)
- She's the First
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Student Council
- Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
- Peaceful Paths
- Girls place
- PACE Center for Girls
Hobbies and Interests
- Volunteering with Local Nonprofits
- Involvement in Social Movements
- Exploring Gainesville
Is There Feminism in Saudi Arabia?
"The main objective of my research will be to see if feminism is present in Saudi Arabia. The use of the word feminism might be problematic in trying to describe women’s movement in Saudi Arabia because of historical and social factors associated with the feminist movement. In my research, I hope to address why there have been different factions of the women’s movement emerging. Through quantitative studies and literature reviews I will outline the micro and macro level ways women are working throughout Saudi Arabia to advance their own ideals of women’s rights through a sociological lens.