Mentor: Dr. Kristen Apraiz
College of School Of Teaching and Learning
"Research has always been a interest of mine and UF Scholars provided me the opportunity to act on that interest in a meaningful way."
- Education Technology
- Education Engagement
- Diverse populations and Low Income Students
- Florida Fund for Minority Teachers Scholar-2014
- Dean's List College of Education 2015
- David and Margaret O'Connor Scholarship
- University Scholars Program 2015-2016
- Catholic Worker House
- Green House Art Collective
Hobbies and Interests
Gotta Count em All: Are Pokemon Cards Effective Tools in Improving Student Engagement and Skills in Mathematics?
The purpose of the study is to research the impact of second and third grade elementary students’ engagement and mastery of math concepts i.e less than, greater than, least to greatest, fractions, place value and fluency with operations through the use of Pokemon cards.