Mentor: Dr. Spyros Svoronos
College of Engineering
"I got involved with research after I became fascinated with algal mechanisms. There were a few labs on campus including obey sing chemical engineering applications so I found somewhere to apply my skills."
- AIChE Scale Up Essay Winner 2015
- One World Conference Speaker 2016
- University Scholars Program 2016
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Chemical Engineering Peer Advisors
- University of Florida Housing and Residence Education
Hobbies and Interests
- Developing sustainable solutions for a changing world
- TV (X-Files, Rick & Morty)
- Thrift Shopping
Algae Mass Separation and Fernentation for Ethanol Production
I will be growing algae in bioreactors and using the extracellular polysaccharides (EPS) it produces. A specific strain of yeast will be used to digest the EPS and synthesize ethanol.