Margaret Pires Fernandes
Mentor: Dr. Kyle Allen
College of Engineering
"I've always been a person that likes to know why things happen the way they do. After suffering from minor joint problems and finding out about a lab that studied degenerative joint disease, I knew I had to get involved. Although what is studied in the lab differs from anything I experienced, I was motivated to learn about and understand joint diseases."
- Joint Biomechanics
- Biomedical Engineering Departmental Travel Award 2015
- Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering Academic Scholarship 2016
- University Scholars Program 2016
- Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity
- UF Honors Ambassadors
- Balance 180 Gymnastics and Sports Academy
Hobbies and Interests
Developing a Protocol for 3D Reconstruction of Rodent Hard Tissues
Develop and pilot an immunohistochemical protocol with an integrated clearing protocol for rodent hard tissue and apply it to novel 3D reconstruction techniques.