Mentor: Dr. Bobbi Langkamp-Kenken
Food Science and Human Nutrition
"I have always been interested in research involving human subjects and because I never got involved in high school I made it a goal to pursue research in college."
- Quality of Life
- SHARE Scholarship
- Robert J. And Jane H. Barben Family Scholarship
- CALS Honors Program
- University Scholars Program 2016
- Phi Mu
- American Student Medical Association
- Henken Lab: DEX Fiber Study
- Shands Hospital, Brushes for Hope Arts and Medicine
- Percivall Lab: Glutathione Study
Hobbies and Interests
This research studies whether the incorporation of high fiber cereal into the diet of healthy adults ages 18 and up affects quality of life. Self reporting quality of life will be captured using a questionnaire that was developed and piloted in a previous study. This research is important because there is little to no data on quality of life or the effects of fiber in healthy adults. Secondary outcomes that will be investigated are self reported stool frequency and consistency.