"I applied to the Scholars program for the purpose of learning research methods for potential use in my master and PhD level studies. My goal is to learn to how to write an academic paper that is of quality to be published in a scientific journal."
Environmental and public health - anthropogenic mechanisms of environmental degradation and how we can improve them to better the planet and our human race.
Academic and Other Awards
- University Scholars Program Scholarship (2011-2012)
- UF College of Engineering Scholarship (2011-2012)
- HDR Engineering Inc. Scholarship (2011)
- YMCA Balanced Man Scholarship (2009)
- National Institute of Health Biostatistics Training Program
- Theta Tau Professional Co-Ed Fraternity
- Tau Beta Pi
- Chi Epsilon
Office of Sustainability - Present alternative living information to UF students; including a Zip-Car program and the One Less Car Challenge Tennis on Wheels, Tennis on Wheels - a weekly program that teaches the skills of tennis to children at Sydney Launier Middle School with physical and mental handicaps.
Hobbies and Interests
- Research, outdoor sports, tennis, music, history, and gator football.
Toxic Silver NPs
Insufficient assessment on the toxicology of silver nanoparticles found in high concentration in gray water led to my research project on the transport of Ag NPs in biofilms grown in a bioreactor that I will maintain. I employ fluorescent microscopy to track the fate of the nanoparticles to guide future research for studies in living systems.